Sunday, February 8, 2009

3 Years Old Already??

(This is Javin one day old with his cousins Kaelyn, Sidney and Nicole.)
(Javin when he had RSV not long after he came home.)
Why did it seem like the three years we were on the adoption waiting list took more like a hundred years, but here we are on Javin's third birthday and those three years have flown by way too fast? It seems like yesterday that we received the call that our baby boy was born and waiting for us to come and bring him home. I remember EVERYTHING about that day. I had gotten up at my usual wednesday time and had hopped on my motor scooter to ride to my shift at the temple. Half way through, the shift coordinator came and told me I needed to call my husband right away. I rushed to the changing room, turned my cell phone back on and saw that I had missed two calls, and it was only 7 in the morning. I completely ignored the messages and called home. To be honest, I was expecting the worst. All Aaron said was that we had a baby boy. (Javin was born on wednesday, he was suppose to come on friday, the birth mom had a induction date set.) I quickly changed into my street clothes and rode, home. I was so happy, tears of joy streamed down my cheeks and impaired my vision. I am still not sure how I made it home in one piece, but I did.
When I got home, we packed a bag and were on the road in less than a half hour. We were both on the cell phones calling everyone in the families and spreading our AWESOME news (incidentally our phone bill that month was oh, 200 more than usual!) We made the trip to the TriCities in record time. After arriving we had to play the waiting game. A few house after we got to the hospital, the social worker brought down pictures of our little boy, my heart physical hurt as I looked at his puffy eyes and swollen newborn face. At that moment the reality set, YES! he is my little boy. I was hooked, attached from that second on.
(Javin's first Birthday!)
(Javin at a year and a half, listening to the iPod.)
(Javin's second birthday...loves cake...yum yum!)
The process has been long and arduous, but I wouldn't trade the end results for any thing on earth. I was love at first sight for Aaron and I both. We have loved every minute of his life with us...even the sick, the stinkies, and the grouchy grumpies.
(Javin at a round 2 and a half playing in the water...his favorite place.)
Javin is such a sweet tender hearted little boy who teaches us new things all the time, as he grows so do we!
(This year's party! I made him his Mamo cake, aka Nemo. Boy was he a happy guy!)
(He had a bit of trouble blowing out the candles...even over heated his lips, got too close to the the candles!)
(I think we did a good job picking out his gift, he was all smiles from ear to ear!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Three!! Crazy!! He's just the greatest little boy ever! I'm so glad that he became a part of our family! It looks like his birthday was very much a success! You have an absolutely beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes as I relived when you called to tell us you had a baby boy! For sure worth it! Who wouldn't love those big brown eyes?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, too cute! Happy belated birthday Javin!

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!