Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blog bLoG blog BLOG!

Someone has been guilty of dereliction of duty. Someone has fallen asleep at the wheel! This is a disgrace! I mean really, how many days? weeks? months? have gone by since someone updated this blog anyway? I will just have to have a firm talk with the guilty party and make them pay! I will make them pay for this abandonment of post! Wait, uh, oh yeah, um, silly grill, that would be me eh?
We are still alive and kickin'. I am still taking lots of pictures (and cooking...kind of combining two loves...food and photography),
and working hard to get my name out there in the Spokane Photography community...slow going really! Still attending to the kids as a 3/4 time single parent...and always wishing for MORE chocolaty goodness: recipes candies, and well, just chocolate, grood chocolate, to feed the hungry beast...aka my chubby belly ( which reminds me: a sad thing happened this week...I finished my Butlers Chocolate...as in, it is all gone, no more and there are lots of tears!)! I haven't even started making any holiday candy...I guess that is another duty I have neglected to preform...I, uh, I will have to make amends on that front also!
Javin is still full of life, energy, smiles and is VERY excited about the coming of Christmas. He says he wants to be a sharp tooth for Christmas...and every time we inform him that people DO NOT dress up for Christmas, he says, "I do Momma! I like to be a sharp tooth for Christmas!" He has, in recent months decided to become a soup chef and my little model. He is getting pretty daring with the spices and ingredients...never the same combination twice. And when we are out running errands, he will scout and shout new locations where he thinks he should be shot!


Orissa is still full of way too much attitude and is still as stinkin' cute as can be. Well, not at this very moment...right now she is sick with some sort of stomach bug and is making her displeasure for the whole thing VERY clear to anyone and everyone around (which is only Javin and I...but still)!! When she isn't sick and whiny, she has become very attached to any baby doll she can get her hands on. Orissa LOVES the kid kitchen at Nana and Papa's house and the doll house that Maama and Pumpa recently acquired!


Aaron is still on his grand adventure, hunting for a job in his field of expertise and working on the farm in the meantime. Out on the farm they are busying themselves with the grandiose task of turning the old barn into an office and/or apartment. I am pretty sure that a part of Aaron is glad for the manual labor...it had been several years since he has had to do "real" work! He is also still picking up a bit of freelance work here and there. We are ever hopeful that a job will make itself apparent soon! He has had a few bites from some companies around the country. Who knows, soon we could be traveling to a new home...ya never know!

5 comments:

  1. Good catch-up! Food, photos and family fun ~ what more could one ask? Thanks for sharing (again...)btw - now I can't use you as an excuse, as in: I should really write a new blog, but at least...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you take such great pics of the kids, especially since I'm not around much. Your food shots are getting pretty awesome too, makes me want some, real bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are beautiful! And I would really like a piece of that pie. Really...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read somewhere that december is bad for blogging! that pie looks delish! thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are creating a photo junkie! And a soup guru! Rissy cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!