Friday, June 27, 2008
Photo Story Friday
The other day Javin and I were looking at the pictures on Auntie Megan's wall and he started naming the people in them. First he said Shawn and then moved on to Shaylee after that he named Megan. He was doing so well. I didn't think he knew how to say them all. I must admit I was so pleased. Then we came to a picture with Megan and my Da. It has been many months since he last saw my Da so I thought I could really stump him on that one. So I asked "Who is that one there Flava?" as I pointed to me Da. Without hesitation he smiled and said, "Gumpa". I was pretty surprised that he remembered him. The next Sunday was Father's Day and I had neglected to get a card for my Da so I did the whole cop out and just called. My call had one saving grace. I related that story to him. I wish I could have seen his face, but I didn't need to because the joy was evident in his voice as it cracked a bit I could tell he was on the verge of tears. This is dedicated to me Da. We love him so much. Fathers are such a great blessing and I am pretty sure I got the best one of the lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Cute picture of Grumpa and Javin! Great story! Glad that you played along!
ReplyDeleteOK so to join up with the PSF group, you just need to drop by Mamageek's blog and she has a code you can copy and then paste it in your post under the html tab ... then you'll be linked to both Cecily and Mamageek. You also then go to one of them and link to their post.