(This is a picture of the Spokane Temple!)
(Javin with his Da!)For anyone who I have the pleasure of sharing my stories with who isn't a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I guess I need to give a bit of detail before I can tell my story. You see, we believe that Heavenly Father wants us (being everyone) to be able to live with Him and His Son, Jesus Christ of ever. That is why Jesus willingly died on the cross for us. We also believe that families can be together for ever. When we get married in the Temple, we are sealed for time and all eternity, not just until death do we part. When children are born into our families, we believe that they are part of our eternal family.
(Our happy little family in the Foyer of the Spokane Temple.)We adopted our children, they didn't come to us through birth (I do believe they were born in my heart though), but we were able to have them sealed (a ceremony that attaches them to us forever, as if they had been born to us)to us last Saturday. It was a joyous occasion, a time for family and friends to gather and to celebrate the final touches of the adoption process for us. It has been a very LONG time coming (for Javin at least...Orissa's was pretty quick), and thanks be to God for our wonderful family. He has answered our prayers and given us two wonderful and precious children.
(Here we are outside, in front of the temple.)Especially during this Christmas time, I love to reflect on the great Love that our Father in Heaven has for us, He sent his Only Begotten Son to Earth, knowing full well that He would freely give up His life for all of us. I am grateful for the Christmas season, a time set aside just for remembering the birth of the Savior. Not to be a grinch, but I really hope that this year we can all remember Him as we gather with our families.
(Orissa and her Mum, all matchy matchy!)I must give credit to my sister, Carrie for taking the pictures for us!


Ry, thanks for sharing your testimony. Aren't we so blessed to be able to be sealed to our families? I've never seen the Spokane temple, so I'm glad you posted the pic, and what an exciting thing for you and your family to be together forever.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post sis! i think I will link it to the one I did on your family sealing.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I am so happy for you. Carrie gave me a quick crash course about sealing. I'm so glad that you were finally able to have Orissa sealed to you. :)
ReplyDelete