Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crazy Cat...wait, I mean hopper! My photo story for Friday

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Kelli


I don't have much in the way of dress up clothes. I don't know why, I just don't go out of my way to buy them. A few months ago I bought a funny little hat thing at the craft store, I couldn't resist.
It has become a favorite that all of the kids wear around and fight over. I suppose I should have bought more...maybe I will someday.I thought parents were suppose to have eyes in the back of the head!

The other day I looked up from the game I was playing or book I was reading, or was it a show I was watching, anyway, and there was my Orissa traveling around the living room with this hat on her head giggling her head off and playing, I think, in character. It was too cute to not capture. I just had to do it.
I am not sure why she was sporting the pacifier...hasn't used one of those in nearly a year...maybe it added to the look!
You might notice that her hands are wrapped...she had a minor run in with the open oven door while I was taking the rolls out. They are better now.

Over the last few weeks Orissa has decided to become the nearly two year old that she is. Her language skills are still behind, but nothing else. She knows she isn't a baby and lets me know when I start to baby her. And let me just tell you, I am kind of glad she is still so small cause she is a climber. Being small like her limits how high she can get!
I love watching her learn and grow and everything else.(well maybe not the fits that she has taken to throwing with the swinging arms and kicking legs)!

12 comments:

  1. Very cute! My kids are constantly in dress up clothes... we have a whole box of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like dressing up and playing with a hopper! That is the life!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way kids imagine life :) If you want to come on by and meet Jack I’m home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute hat! Orissa looks so adorable! Sounds like she coming along great...I just want to squeeze her all up, she's too cute! (though she might swing her legs and arms at me, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is a tiny little one! cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hopper hat.... she looks super cute in it! Yeah the fits are SO not fun.
    Love that she is up on two feet now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute.
    Don't let the fact that she is small fool you. My daughter had like super human arm strength and would pull herself up onto some crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cutie - lime and purple - my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing more amazing than children : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute hat! My sons would love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!