Thursday, May 13, 2010

Love New Places

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecilyand Debi



Recently, Ok last week, I found a new park (Holmberg Park) to take the kids to. I went there with my sister, brother-in-law, their kids and of course my kiddos too. It is not more than a 10 minute drive from my house and it is gorgeous! The park is butted up next to a relatively new conservation area. We talked to a few hikers while there and they told us the former owner sold the land to the county for a dollar with the deal it had to be preserved and not developed...fine by me, I love new places to take the kids hiking!
We had a fine day playing, hiking and enjoying a snack!
So of course on Saturday I had to get Aaron there so he could see how great the place is too! We also had a fine time...I spent more time looking at it with a photographers eye the second time around. And let me just say, I need to take my family portraits there, I love the grassy meadow. I did a mini shoot of Javin and Aaron to see if I really liked the setting. Yup, I'm sold!! I will have to bring the whole shebang next time so I can get the whole family in the picture!

4 comments:

  1. I love your name. So pretty! And the park is amazing. What a great place to take pictures. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place -- and that second photo is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last shot! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome field!

    And, I just love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!