Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Hope This Isn't a Pass/Fail Thing!

If keeping up with this blogging business were a straight pass/fail sort of thing, I am SURE I would be failing. I get so involved and wrapped up in my day to days that I forget about sharing the tidbits with you out there in cyber land. And lately our tidbits have been a bit hard to digest, thus making it hard for me to want to share.
August was a roller coaster ride of events. I would say the highest point, was definitely family caused. We had a great vacation with family. Travelled in style...or at least comfort (riding in the motor home with my parent) as we travelled from home, to Moses Lake, to Clarkston, to Yellowstone and back home again (with LoTs of detours on the way). There were some great moments visiting with the half of the family that could make it.
And then came other part of the roller coaster, a much lower point of the thrill ride. August, middle August to be specific, was to be review time at Aaron's job. You know, that time of year you look forward to, the time where the boss man looks at all the amazing work that Aaron had done, takes into account all the happy clients from all that amazing work, and then doles out the raises and bonuses. I was REALLY looking forward to this time of year. Thinking of all the bills I could get a handle on and such. And then, one fine Monday after evening noon, he was late getting off work. No big deal, that happens a lot at this job...a project needs a bit of extra time, a client wants a last minute change, so on and so forth. So I am playfully sending him silly messages in the chat window, trying to get an idea of when I should start dinner. I would have just picked up the phone to call, oh yeah, that's right, I did..and it rang...right next to me...but I digress...Over an hour, very close to an hour and a half after he normally comes home,
Aaron opens the door looking very tired, pushes his bike through the door, because like a good man he was being all energy efficient and only using man power to get him to and from work) and says to me, "I need to find a new job."
I said, "oh, tired of having to work all these extra hours for basically nothing (the curse of the salary jobs)?"
He says, "No, I REALLY NEED to find a new job."
Being the somewhat slow person that I can, on rare occasions be, it took a couple of minutes for that to sink in and make anything that resembled any sort of sense. Then the tears came. My husband was fired from a job. This didn't happen because he did shoddy work or was late all the time or anything that seemed ballpark to a good reason to fire someone, no, he was fired because, and I quote, "We just don't feel like you are a good fit for the company."
After two years of wonderful service to them, many a late work nights, and more than a handful of compliments from the clients (some I might add from clients that never had dished any before) he was let go because he wasn't a good fit? Really?
I was, am, having a hard time coping with this change. Being a stay at home mum who is in charge of making sure the check book is balanced and the bills are all paid, it has been somewhat more than a little stressful. I have poured my heart out in prayer to the Lord for support and strength, and I know he hears my prayers. And I know it will all work out in His time. but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous.
So, for all you out there who are patient enough to come and check out my blog even when it has been so very post anemic and possibly anorexic, that is the reason and I am grateful that you still come.
Maybe I should move on to other things, what do ya say? Are you with me?
For quite a space of time I have been been working on with renewed intent and zeal, is my photography business. I love taking pictures. And desire to share that (what I hope others see as a talent).
I am NOT a sales person (no joke, I tried to sell Mark...you know, that branch of Avon that is suppose to be for a younger more hip crowd...and basically just bought makeup from myself) and so the whole marketing jive is so NOT my forte. I have no idea how to get people to see my work. Sure I have a website and a facebook page, even ordered business cards. But I really yearn for (I know this post is a bit of a pity party) people to want me to take their pictures for them.
I have been blessed with family members who have asked me or I asked them to let me take their portraits...and they did!







And it has been wonderful. I think they turned out smashingly well. And I have so much fun doing it. Kiamay even let me do a mini shoot after her Senior Recital...in which she played beautifully.

I will have to figure it out I guess!
So, that is that!! And I probably could have summarized it all for you like this: rant, rant, rave and rant, stomp, stomp, whine, shake fist powerfully in the air, complain, complain...but I am far too wordy to have left it at that!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics Ryanne!! I love them! The lighting is so great in them, I'm super jealous! ;) I especially love the one of Lance and Marsha. I hope Aaron finds a job soon! I'm praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you are in our prayers, too! Things happen in the Lord's time - but sometimes it's sure hard not to want to have it happen NOW! Love and best thoughts are coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is AWESOME! I love them all but like Hosanna, I especially love the one of Lance and Marsha! Like Claudia said: ours prayers are for you.

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!