Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Little Miss Orissa Is Turning SeVeN

Ok, when I said I was back, I must have meant sporadically and unpredictably back, 'cause here it is the beginning of 2015 and I am finally writing again. This is for a special purpose, you see, we have reached a milestone! Orissa is turning SEVEN! My precious baby that started out this teeny tiny...
My sweet baby girl was born at a whopping 1 pound 13 ounces. I only saw pictures of her for the first few months of her life, wishing and praying for her health and secretly (ok, not so secretly) that we would be blessed with the opportunity to be her forever family.  When she was four months old and finally over 4 pounds, her Gamma Mary and Grandpa Bob were able to bring her home.
Not long after that, our prayers were answered when one Sunday in April we were eating dinner at Clancy and Monica's house when my cell phone rang.  It was Bob saying they had a sweet baby girl who needed a mommy and daddy and they'd chosen us!  I hung up the phone and shared the news with EVERYONE in the house!  We then hurriedly and excitedly headed out the door to pack a bag and head to Montana to pick up this precious baby doll (or baby doll sized angel)!  With in a hour we were on the road to be united with her.



The years have since, seemed to have flown by on the wings of angels and we have loved every moment...even the frustrating ones have been worth it all to watch her become the beautiful girl she is growing into.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for this precious daughter.  She is just the perfect sister to our wonderful little man!



Here is Miss O on her first birthday.  She enjoyed the chocolatey goodness of her cake.  She was still so tiny people thought she was only a few moths old.



By her second birthday, she was finally starting to get some hair on the top of that head of hers. And this is when she really started to show her love of all things eyewear!


At three she wasn't quite sure she liked all the attention when everyone started singing happy birthday...it stressed her out a bit. Mind you, she was all for the cake!  He hair was nearly long enough to braid!!

Four was fun, she definitely had her own ideas on what was cool and fun and her imagination was growing rapidly.  Just look at that beautiful curly red hair!


Five was fantastic!  She was in preschool and even had the hair every mommy of a girl wants...hair long enough to make "pretty".  She finally was excited about people singing to her and understood what the "day day" song meant!  This is the sock kitty her nana made for her!


And then, 2014 my little Miss hit kindergarten and had her first classroom birthday party!  I think I was more thrilled than she was, but I am a sucker for milestones!  When each new year rolls around and I look back at how much this precious gift from Heavenly Father has grown I am in awe that I get to call her my daughter.
My children are such blessed gifts in my life.  I love them both with all my heart.  The moment I laid eyes on them, they forever stole my heart.  I am thankful to Gramma Mary and Grandpa Bob for trusting us with such an amazing baby girl...for she will forever be my baby girl!
Happy birthday my sweet, funny silly beautiful little Miss Oriss, I hope you never stop being uniquely awesome!  Hugs from mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!