Thursday, August 28, 2014
Well, Look Who Decided To Come Back!
Oh how days can turn to weeks and weeks to months and well months to years. I really cannot believe what kind of slacker I have become! When I started this blog, I thought I would be blogging at least once a week! Hahaha, look how that turned out.
Why am I back you might be wondering(or maybe not)? Javin came to me the other day and said that GreenDog wanted to hear stories from when he, Javin, was little. That made me think about where I have these stories recorded. In my hand written journal and here are really the only places. The blog is by far the easier place to find specific stories. I read post after post to him; I read for over an hour and he and Orissa sat listening. Javin begged for more and Orissa mimicked him. The next day he asked for more and I happily ablieged. They laughed at the stories and oohed and aaahed at the pictures. This is the point when I realized I need to get my act together and start posting once again.
Too much has happened to fill in all the details. I will say, three years ago we moved from the hustle and bustle of the big city to small town (actually country) living. The kids are loving living out in farm country and my little man who loved riding with papa on the tractor has so many more chances now (he even has a couple of uncles who are happy to take him along)! Orissa even loves all the room to roam...just maybe not as much as Javin.
Javin has completed kindergarten through second grade and Orissa finished kindergarten last spring. The summer has flown by with many hours spend in Isaac and Chelsi's swimming pool and many more roaming the countryside. There was even a couple of weeks where i was super sick and could hardly move...but that is over, thank goodness!Though, I will add that I was sick at just the wrong moment...I missed all the good huckleberry picking time and thusly didn't make it out to pick. My sweet sister and her family shared some with me, so all is right with the world. Now, summer has ended and my life has changed from all day everyday with my kids to a lot of time on my own.
Just today they headed back to school. Javin is a third grader and Miss Orissa is in the first grade!! Oh how quickly my babies have grown up on me. Orissa loves school, and has since she started in preschool. This year is no different. I didn't even get a goodbye hug when I left her on the capable hands of her teacher ( not even a backwards glance). She spends half of the day in the regular classroom and the other half with the special education instructor.
I was concerned that Javin wasn't going to be all that thrilled to go back to school. It isn't usually his favorite place to be stuck for hours on end. We headed over to his classroom and he met his new teacher (who had a treat on each desk for the kids...I'm sure that helped him he a bit more excited). He feels like one of the big kids because his class is in one of the portable classrooms. He is also now allowed to play on the big kid playground stuff! He even came home excited to do his math!! Woot woot!!
They have grown leaps and bounds since I last posted. Javin is still big for his age and people often think he is at least 10 years old. He is only about 6 or so inches shorter than my mum. And he makes sure to measure against her every time he sees her.
Orissa is nearly the same height as her contemporaries, though weight wise she still has a ways to go. All the kids and teachers just love her and want to do every thing for her. So, basically, she has them all wrapped around her little finger(;
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!