
I admit it, I was hoping for a winter snow storm. It just wasn't feeling like December here. I also love to see Javin play in the snow. He is as happy in the snow as he is in the pool. He was chomping at the bit to get out and play. I think that is why nap time didn't happen until oh right now (well, he fell asleep at 7pm and it is nearly 8pm). Javin just kept begging me to go play. "I wan go play in the no, my no, let's go play peees." With a plea such as that you can well guess my heart melted and I started getting him ready to romp around in the snow.
He gathered up all his snow gear...or all the gear he thought he needed. He first put on his boots and then brought me his mittens and coat. He left out the snow pants and his hat, but no worries, I remembered. After getting all his things ready he went and got Orissa's coat too.
Right after I finished bundling him and his sissy up Gracie woke up from nap screaming her head off. I rushed up stairs only to learn that there was a fly and it scared her. To ease her mind I told her that she could go out and play too. We quickly bundled her up and all four of us headed out into the winter wonderland. Oh, and the fun we had!
After about half an hour we were ready to go back in and get all warmed up. We made hot chocolate and "Campbells Cars Chicken soup". They were so happy to have "hot chaako".

Later in the afternoon, when Aaron was home from work we took Javin, Gracie and Livi out to play again (first time for Livi...she was still sleeping when we went out previously). This time Orissa was napping. I think they all had fun. Javin and Gracie made "no-men" and had a snow fight. I think Javin would have been happy to stay out all night.

I have come full circle! As a child I LOVED playing in the snow with my three pairs of socks on my hands for gloves, my three pairs of socks on my feet with shoes and bread bags on my feet to keep my feet dry. I would stay out there for hours, making tunnels in the drifts and having snowball fights with my brothers and sisters. Then I hit a certain age (oh, I think it was when I had to start driving on the snow covered roads) and I started to really loathe that white stuff. Sure it was fine for the mountains and those who went looking for it, but keep it out of my way. Now here I am, a mother of two children, one very adventurous boy and I find myself hoping for snow...wanting to enjoy the thrill of the first snow fall with my children.



Oh man, Ry, you brought a tear to my eye with that last paragraph!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you all have gotten to enjoy your snow while we FREEZE here!
That sounds absolutely magical. I'm jealous that you get snow, but it's okay, I'll just have to go to the beach and remind myself why it's okay that I don't get snow here.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year is perfect. Also, I left you a little something on my blog ;)