
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Today Aaron had a free day off, by this I mean it wasn't vacation or sick time, time that they are counting that he was there when he was not. I t all has to do with the last project he worked on for work and logged like a million extra hours...only when you have a salaried job they aren't really extra since they can work ya how ever much they want...but they are nice and gave him this free day. Now on to the meat of the story now that I have completely confused and befuddle most of you. We had the day roughly planned out. Step one: sleep in as long as the kids would let us! I failed on this step, I just couldn't sleep so I got up and started cleaning a bit, you know, doing the dishes and the laundry...all things that were NOT in the game plan. Step two: have a good breakfast as a family! Check, we got that one done. Step three: get all bundled up (cause it decided to be kind of gloomy and blowy) and head out to the Finch Arboretum (our utmost favorite place to play). Check! We spent a couple of hours roaming the open fields and following the stream and taking an abundance of pictures along the way.

Orissa has a bit of a cold, again, so she spend the afternoon bundled up in the baby carrier on my front. She however, didn't seem to mind the arrangements and quickly fell asleep!


When we first arrived, we were the only visitors to the park. There was no one else in sight, well, no one but the people blowing up the ground squirrels that is. I guess that is the city's solution to the overwhelming population that has been increasingly worse from year to year.
Javin thought the loud booms were pretty sweet, I however, don't think the ground squirrels liked it all that much. By the end of our time there, two bus loads of children had arrived...definitely time to go home. Javin wasn't happy about leaving, but alas he never is. We got home just in time for lunch which Javin "made". He went straight to the fridge and started pulling out his lunch. First he had to have his meats, pepperoni, hotdog and BBQ pork (asian style). Then he needed his drink, a strawberry Danimal, after the liquids were covered he had to get all the other goodies that go along with lunch, you know, the pudding candy bar chips and fruit snacks. He insisted Aaron have much of what he was "making" and then they sat down to eat. It was VERY cute. He sat down, and said a prayer of thanksgiving for his trip to the park, for the car, for playing and for Sissy.
After lunch, while Aaron tried to show my sister some pointers on iPhoto Javin and I played pirates, and Orissa had to walk the plank for being a spy. Oh it was a blast! We were sailors in Her Majesties Royal Navy and Orissa was one of those dastardly pirates trying to steal all our gold and riches from the new world.
Then alas my captain Javin and scary pirate girl Rissa had to go down for well deserved naps!
We had a great afternoon, just the four of us spending time together laughing and playing. I wish I could have captured the pirate play in pictures, but I didn't want to ruin the fun by pulling out the camera again...sometimes Javin gets a bit weary of the camera always being in his face...but it is such a cute little face!


What a sweet sleeping baby!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun, congrats on the day off! :)
I love the picture of the squirrel, He looks really cute
ReplyDeletegreat photo friday
Sounds like a wonderful day. And you got in some bonus cleaning, gotta love that ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's a perfect way to have a family day off.
ReplyDeleteLovely peaceful photos.......
Gotta love a free day off! I know you all had a wonderful time and Thanks again to Aaron for the pointers.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so sweet all cuddled up in the carrier.
ReplyDeleteI love your name too, my middle daughter's middle name is Ryann
Beautiful free-day. Spokane is looking very Spring-y :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful day off full to playtime and fun. :) I couldn't exactly tell where you are at but the comment above mine mentions Spokane. Are you in Spokane, WA? I was there a couple times when I lived in Seattle, I fouund it to be a nice city but never did have time to explore the area very much. One of those maybe someday thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWe are in Spokane WA. It is a lovely city and has a lot of great parks to spend time in. Yesterday we were at the Finch Arboretum and it is such a beautiful place with trees and flowers and a stream running by. If you are ever in town it is a must!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDelete~Liz
What a great way to spend the free day! And such beautiful scenery.
ReplyDeleteOh now THIS is what days are supposed to be made of. I adore these shots and memories!
ReplyDelete