Friday, July 24, 2009

So much fun! That is what life is all about when you are a kid.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek




I recently sent the nieces away to visit other cousins and aunts and uncles...for the week. That has left us to our own devices, which means I am kind of at a loss as to what we should do, or would have been if it wasn't so stinkin' hot out side. The heat has really been the determining factor in all the things we do.
The other day I went to my sister's house so we could walk to the pool together and enjoy the water fun. We stood in line for nearly a half hour...you see we needed to wait for people to leave so we could go in cause of capacity issues. So, just when enough people finally left for us to go in and start having fun (and cooling off) they CLOSED the pool. Yes you read this right, it was 96 degrees out side, there was a line of nearly 20 people waiting to get in and they closed it. I guess a kid, um how do I say this with out being too crude? A kid's bowels released while in the water, so they closed the pool and weren't going to reopen it until 6 pm...it was barely 3. What were we to do?
Luckily there was a store close by (not my favorite store, the one I usually avoid if I can...but oh well) and we decided to go buy a kiddie pool, walk home and play in that, or at least let the kids play in that! Other than how light headed we became from trying to blow the silly thing up, it all went well. And since the kids really couldn't care less where they were playing in the water, as long as they were playing they started having a blast as soon as the water was turned on.

It had a little water slide thing...much smaller than the box made it appear, and much harder for a kid my son's size to use, but a slide none the less. They played for nearly two hours.



The zebra head spouted water (as long as you hook the hose to it). Javin thought it was great...Shaylee (my sister's girl) was not fond of it at all, so most of the time the zebra was "drinking".


Orissa just loved to splash, and crawl in and out of the water and all over the yard and find sprinklers to use as her "stormtrooper mask".


Oh the fun kids can have out in the sun and water!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it must have sucked when they closed the pool, but atleast you got your own and it looks like you all had a great time. 96 degrees is so hot and the pool was a good way to cool off I bet. great photo friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that storm trooper mask picture! it is the best!! :) Looks like a good way to end the bummer of a day.

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!