
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Aaron had been promising Javin a trip to the park all week. We hadn't gone is a few days since it was SO hot here, so wednesday he finally took Javin over to the playground. I had high hopes of staying home with Orissa and cleaning a bit.
Don't get me wrong, I love the park and I HATE cleaning, I just needed to get some done. Ok is wasn't so much the cleaning, you see all day my little man was making me crazy. First he turned the kitchen in to a milk slip and slide, then after I got that cleaned he turned the bathroom in to a water park. After that pulled every book and toy out into the living room and spread them all over. And for fun at lunch time he decided the floor would like his hotdog just as much as him. The list could go on and on.
(I mean, he is adorable and everything, but sometimes enough is too much!)Thus I was really preferring a bit of cleaning to his shenanigans, so I kissed him on the head and sent father and son to the park for "bonding" time.
I really thought it was a GREAT plan, only I forgot that little miss Orissa has a mind of her own and when she sets it on something, it is impossible to change. She just happened to set her mind on going where ever the guys were going. I tried to distract her with games of ring around the rosy, and the fun lay her on my legs and bounce her, but nothing was going to make her happy, nothing that is but a trip to the playground.
I had been wholly defeated by an 18 month old and she knew it! She was all smiles and giggles the entire walk to the park. We could see the boys on the basketball courts. Javin was practicing riding his bike. He just recently decided it is cooler than his trike. It still has the training wheels on and all, but wow, he is really learning the mechanics of how to ride.


He was cruising all over the school grounds (we go there instead of the park cause people don't smoke there). He wanted to ride right next to the school on the little concrete path. I let him, though apprehensively, there were dips in the ground and I was afraid of his down hill skills. I shouldn't have been, he took them will the giddy joy any boy headed down hill!

Mean while Aaron and I were just enjoying the ride. Orissa watched on with a bit of curiosity, mostly I think she was patiently waiting for us to hit the play ground so she could have fun too.


We eventually did make it to the play ground and every one had fun.






I didn't regret not getting a bit of cleaning in, I didn't regret going to the park with my family, I DID regret not just heading out at the same time as the boys. He just needed some of that good old outdoor fun, and all the space in the world to run. And Orissa just needed to be with her Pop and brother having some of the same fun! I was trying to be a fuddy duddy, but I figured it out and not a moment too soon! Life is too short to not enjoy every moment with the family!


Loved the story. My favorite picture is Aaron upside-down!
ReplyDeleteGreat story and photos!
ReplyDeletewhy clean when u can go to the park!!!
ReplyDeletei love your last sentence... :)
ReplyDeleteThose little people sure do change your outlook, don't they? I'm glad you got out and had fun!
ReplyDeleteThe cleaning will always be there but the children will grow up so quickly!
ReplyDeleteI think you did right to go out and have fun.
those are the best of days. My mom used to recite a bit of a poem to me, "quiet down cobwebs, dust got to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
ReplyDeleteHere’s my photo story. happy Friday!
I love the clarity in moments like these when the small stuff really becomes the small stuff. Terrific PSF!!
ReplyDeleteClean up vs. the park, PARK! It looks like you all had a blast! So glad you went and the photos are so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSounds (and looks) like a great time!! Even if you didn't get your "chores" done.... oh well, there's always the next day, right...chores never go away (if only we could be so lucky) :)
ReplyDeleteOh so true. Beautifully captured here with your words and photos.
ReplyDeleteIt does look like everyone had fun! I'm quite impressed by that flip! But I just love the ornery strainer photo!
ReplyDeleteEven daddy got in on the fun huh? So funny! Great photos!
ReplyDeleteI've learned that BOTH kids must be out of the house to get any cleaning done. Even if one is sleeping!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day out with your family! I love the colors in your pictures of your daughter crawling in the grass. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog today!
Sounds like a wonderful visit to the park. I love that picture of Orissa on the playground looking down at her daddy through the slots...too cute!
ReplyDelete