
I love the Berenstain Bears books, especially the Inside, Outside, Upside Down! I think they really get the way kids think and behave. The other day Orissa was endeavoring to fish something that had gotten stuffed under the couch (a rare thing in my house...wait, wait, I cannot tell a lie...there are probably things growing under there!) She had her forehead push up against the bottom of the couch and was struggle so hard to get what ever it was. Aaron found this amusing, and said, "Rissa you are too big to do that now!" Then we got to taking about how much she has grown...you know they things all parents do on occasion. She fought and fought with that toy that was just out of reach until something else distracted her, and she was on the move, going over stuffed animals, under the chairs and table, and round and round the island in the kitchen.
Then just two days ago that same toy caught her eye again. She was determined to get it this time. She squeaked and squawked and struggled, and I went about my morning preparation. The next thing I hear is my niece Shaylee saying, "Rissy stuck, Rissy stuck!" and the very distinct angry noises of my little Miss Riss. I come running back into the living room to find Orissa was no where in sight, but boy could I hear her yelling at me. And there, over by the couch, Shaylee was squatting down pulling with all her might on a little arm from under the couch with, wouldn't you know it, that darn toy that had been eluding her.

(forgive the quality of the pictures...it is hard to take pictures of thing and people under the couch!)Orissa had proven her daddy wrong, she could, in fact, still fit under that couch and was going to get what she wanted if it took all week! In my mind I could here her say, "Mama, Mama I got the toy over, under, all around!"
You know me, I just had to get pictures of the silly girl before I could think of rescuing her! She is an amazing little girl, with the stubbornness that has helped her all her life. I can on occasion get frustrated with her determined, stubborn attitude, but I think it has served her well and mixed and reinforced with the right values will continue to help her on this journey through life!
For more wordful stories go to Seven Clown Circus!


I'm still impressed she made it under there. She certainly isn't going to be dissuaded once she's set her mind to something.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL, love that you caught the picture first. Glad I'm not alone in doing that!!
ReplyDeleteLOL, we always have to get our pictures first! Her stubbornness will serve her well down the road, you're right!
ReplyDeleteLol! I always got the pictures first and the rescueing second also. I'm glad that she finally got her toy. : )
ReplyDeleteLOL, that is so cute and funny. I've done that before, snapped a photo when my son was crying, just because it was a perfect moment.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!
ReplyDeleteOh I could SO see Shaylee trying to help her out! How funny! :)
ReplyDeleteLol, that is too cute!! What a little doll she is! What was the toy, btw?
ReplyDelete