
I just don't know where time goes. One minute we were in the car headed to Montana to pick up Miss Mooky Mooky (Orissa to most everyone else) and the next thing I know it is August, nearly four months later. It just goes crazy fast. When we first held her, she was so tiny and fragile feeling. I was go overjoyed to be her mommy, but VERY intimidated to hold her, what if I broke her, what if I forgot I was holding her...all these what ifs filled my mind. Aaron wrapped around her tiny finger from the first moment he beheld her and my heart was totally smitten by her, she called out to us. Orissa was a mere one pound thirteen ounce at birth and a whopping four pound thirteen ounces when she made the long trip home with us.

In the last four months we have gotten to know her and she us, and let me just tell you that there was an instant bond that formed. Javin was besot by his new sister and is forever trying to take care of her, and protect her from his cousins. She bonded right away with both Aaron and I. To be frank, we were a bit worried about the whole bond/won't bond situation. She spent from her birth until Gramma and Grampa Keiser brought her home in the middle of April in the hospital. Orissa wasn't held as often as most newborn babes and had yet to have a good opportunity to bond with any one. Those worries ended up being unnecessary....yay!
And now here she is, seven months old and nearly ten pounds. OK, that still seems small to most of you, but when you know where she started, you can better appreciate her growth rate. Mooky Mooky has taken a hold of all of our heart strings and we will never let he let go. She has such a sweet spirit, and a joyful countenance. She is quick to giggle and always has a smile ready.
God has blessed us with 2 of the most precious children, we waited a long time, and they weren't born out of my womb, but out of our hearts. Some one once told me that adoption is such a wonderful way to have a family and a special kind of love. She said, "I was adopted, and I know my parent truly love me and wanted me. You see you can never accidentally adopt a child. They went looking for me." Such a true and tender moment I shared with her and we both gazed down at my precious baby girl. I thank my Father in Heaven for my children everyday.



yeah...children grows so quickly
ReplyDeleteMy WW in here : play kung fu and purple Thanks
Wow, I just had a baby myself, and I thought he was tiny at 6lbs 10oz. She was just a dinky little gal and so precious, your photos brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing and congratulations.
ReplyDeleteThat's incredible. Nice Story.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteShe is precious and will be one bundle of joy! God Bless!
Aww she is a little darling! Happy WW
ReplyDeleteI am so blessed to have m children. I absolutely identify with your sentiment in the last sentence.
ReplyDeleteRyanne,
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful baby! God bless.
What are you doing? Making me cry?! I love that smilie face! Your kids are dolls and SO very loved!
ReplyDeleteOur children will really grow fast and we need to look them everyday because soon they will have their own lives. Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteMine sihere hope you can visit
My sons are grown now and I can tell you -- cherish this stage of their lives. You won't get it back. Great story!
ReplyDelete- Mojo
Stop by if you have a moment..
Great shots and story:) She is truly a miracle. Happy WW.
ReplyDeletePrecious Photo. They grow up really fast :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. I'm all teary eyed reading this. She is so beautiful and so precious :)
ReplyDeleteThis was a very interesting post to read, well written and touching my heart!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice story. Lucky Orissa, and lucky all of you to have one another.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure God will bless your heart forever. You are a very wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteSuch a little sweetie! She reminds me of when my daughter was an itty bitty one (she's now 6).
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous, I know how it is (not to be a mother of such a small baby) but I worked as a children's nurse at at ward for premature babies for 6 years. It was the best job ever. Because there was so much hope and happiness despite the serious work and all contact with parents and also coping with the sad moments that also happened.
ReplyDeletechildren are wonderful gifts from above... and she's a strong baby, having gone through all that... and i'm sure she'll stay that way knowing that she has a family who loves her a lot... God bless!
ReplyDeleteShe may be small, but she is mighty! What a beautiful, sweet soul and you can see how much she is wrapped in love... and how much love she herself exudes. What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful. And I love that sentiment about adoption, such a beautiful way to look at it.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your kind words and sentiments. I am grateful to have so many who care. I just weighted her and she is exactly 9 pounds 13 ounces!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post. My husband is adopted, and I know he feels "chosen" by his parents, too. Congrats and God bless your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI love so much your photos:-)Yup seeing and touch our child for the very first time is the most wonderful happen in our life as a mother.I remember the first time i saw my son,i told him...baby don't cry mama will take care of you..Reading your post it is like flash back to me:-) Thank you for sharing this it is a very nice post you've had:-)
ReplyDelete