Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photo Story Friday: Pumpkins Pumpkins Pumpkins.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a kid, before my nose was fully developed! Oh, Ok, I know lots of you like them, even like the smell and/or taste of them. I however, don't... nope not at all. The smell makes me gag and I can't stand the slimy guts, but this year we DID carve them. Usually we draw the faces on them but, Megan decide to have a carving party at her house. It wasn't a huge party, in fact, it was just family kickin' and carvin' it up! Clancy and Monica and the girls, Aaron and Me and the kids and Megan and Shawn and Shaylee were the only attendees, and I must admit, I did have fun. I really did, stinky pumpkin guts and all!
Megan set it all up in the kitchen so the kids could just make aevery kind of pumpkin of mess. Only most of the kids wouldn't dare stick their hands in the pumpkins. Javin pulled a couple of hands full of goo out, and then decided he didn't much like the feel of it. So all the grown ups had all the fun.
I tried to get a picture of each pumpkin with it maker. So here they are. Enjoy, we sure did! Please do bear with me I have a few pictures here!
The top picture is Grace with her pumpkin. The kids seemed to like the idea of drawing on the baby ones much better than digging in.
Javin was also very pleased with himself, and his "baby".
This is the Clank-i-nator and his awesome pumpkin, or is it?
Grace and Javin didn't mind the carving part, they gave that part the 'ol college or would that be the 'ol preschool try?
Here you see that Javin did give the gut removal a try. Yuck!
Shawn made the scariest of the bunch. I guess he had to cut away a bit more so the candle would shine through it better. But is was a pretty scary one, eh? Javin was pretty worried when we went over to Megan's house yesterday. He went over to the far side of the steps to get to the door.
Megan made an Igor pumpkin, it is easier to make out at night with only the candle light shining through.
Here is the GREAT pile of pumpkin guts! Six murdered pumpkins leave a lot of guts in their wake!
There was something in his teeth, and being a good maker, Aaron tried to get it out!
Monica was too busy giving Orissa loves and hugs to carve her pumpkin, so Clancy acted as her proxy and carved it for her!
Ok, so my pumpkin isn't the most creative, but hey, I did it. I played in the pumpkin guts and all.

27 comments:

  1. The guts always gross me out a little too. And then a few years ago I became a Cub Scout leader and had to pull out the brains of about a dozen all at once. Three years in a row. I got over my aversion. And now I AM the gutter.

    All your pumpkins are FAB. And kudos to you for getting past your ickies and joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pumpkin head shots! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I love uncarved pumpkins, and I even like a good Jack-o-Lantern. But the smell, and the scooping, and the taste (not that I taste them) just about does me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! i like the skull pumpkin the best. oh, and i can't deal with pumpkins, either. one tip, though, if you wear rubber gloves, it makes clawing at the slimy guts a bit more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great pumpkins and with all those pumpkin guts you could roast of some yummy pumpkin seeds - if you wanted too - hee hee!

    Have a good PSF - see you - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea! I hate pumpkin guts too!@
    Love the skull pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I don't like pumpkin either.. but I do love to carve them, if someone takes out the yucky stuff. Ewww.

    We had a carving party the last few years.. It was super fun. I am glad you guys had a good time..

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK so this retarded thing stole my whole big long comment aaargh!
    It said something like this:
    I must be the only one who truly enjoys the pumpkin carving and the eating .... pies, bars w/ cream cheese frosting and cookies YUM YUM!
    You guys did a wonderful job on carving these! I only wish that we could have been there to revel in al that pumpkin carving family time!
    BTW I could 'see' your aversion in the shot of you and the Flava!:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. can I confess? I don't love to carve 'em either? We would take ours down to an artsy fartsy neighbor and SHE would paint great faces on them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on participating this year! Your pumpkin turned out great as did the others. Nothing bothers me about actually carving the pumpkin, but it takes me too long to do it and plus, Hubby's better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I have to run out and get some pumpkins! This looks like so much fun! In TX we don't want to get them too early or they rot. Scary! Ha! :) Happy PSF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a blast. You are all very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you all had a good time. Fun pictures. We're off to the pumpkin patch this weekend. I'm looking forward to carving one this year. It's been quite a few since we've done it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin carving is not a custom here in Belgium, we're only since a couple of years accustomed to Halloween. Most people just have a couple of pumpkins at their front door, but that's about it.

    On the comment on my blog, no, people living in a house divided in two by the border do not have dual citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now THAT's a lot of gourds! Seriously, you are very creative, I need someone like you to carve ours (which have YET to be carved). :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pumpkins! I too hate carving them ... but ... whatcha going to do lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really don't like pulling out the guts anymore. I'm been wanting to carve some but haven't. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How neat! I've never had or been to a carving party, but what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some seriously great pumpkins. I have finally admitted I just don't like doing it, and I don't anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ewww stinky pumpkin guts! that reminds me I need to get my gag reflex in check for this week--um and get out and buy a pumpkin or two!
    cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't care for the slime either, but my daughter loves to squish it through her fingers! Blech.

    http://nineacresphotoclasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. The boys have been chompin' at the bit to get our pumpkins carved. Looks like your family had a great time despite all the yucky innards! The pumpkins look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the pumpkin pictures and they are so cool!!!!!!!!!


    SHANTEL KEISER

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are so neat. I'm glad you survived the pumpkin carving. I'm not a fan of the guts, I hate getting my hands dirty, but I love carving pumpkins. What a neat party idea, I bet the kids love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!