Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Word(ful) Wednesday: No Box Too Small!



I can't remember a time since Javin has been able to move around the house on his own, when he wasn't crawling into boxes and using them as a house or a car or the store or what ever. The other day we got some movies in the mail. They came is a smallish box, and I was thinking there wasn't much I was going to use it for. Before I could whip out the trusty box knife to break it down to fit in the recycle bin, Javin had it prepped for take off. I think he said it was his train. I watched in amazement as my nearly 3 year old folded himself into the "train engine" and prepared to leave the station. All the while I was thinking, "there is no way he is going to be able to fit in that tiny box! It's going to rip down the side for sure." I was proven wrong and boy was he excited to have his own "train". Of course that meant one of us had to help the engine down the tracks...and really, who can resist when he looks up with those big brown eyes and says, "I wann go round and round, peese Mommy!"


I have yet to see a box in my house that hasn't been tried on for size, some haven't survived and others have become regularly played with imagination outlets!
For more Word full wednesday stories go see Angie.

7 comments:

  1. I love to watch the kids use their imagination to play.... I love that they can make up anything just by using their little brains... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to give my kids empty boxes for Christmas. I think they'll be recieved with as much glee as anything else I could give them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! I remember playing in the baby bathtubs when we were older...those were a lot of fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun. I remember doing that when I was a youngster too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 21 mo old son loves boxes too. He also likes us to pull him around the room. It's sure hard on the back :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!