Monday, August 10, 2009

Five Minutes, it was only Five Minutes!

Have you ever thought to yourself, what can happen in five minutes? I mean really? I used to think that, until my kids came. Now I know oh to well what can happen.
The other day I was really in need of a shower. We had been out playing at the park and other fun things and I was just kind of smelly, you know hot day lots of kid chasing,so a shower was just the thing. I looked over at Javin and Orissa and they were happily playing with cars in the living room. I thought to myself, "Oh GROOD! They are playing together, and happy! I think I will run take a quick shower! It will only take a few minutes, what can happen in five minutes, really?"
So off to the shower I ran, quick as a wink I was showered and dressed and back in the living room. And there they were! If I hadn't looked too closely, I might have thought they hadn't even moved from their spot. Only I did look closely,and, well, they were no longer playing with cars. Instead of zooming up and down the living room, they were licking the floor. I guess they decided to turn the living room floor into a scrumptious dinner, seasoned with only the best...ALL of my Johnny's Seasoning Salt and my Johnny's Garlic Spread. Yes, that is right my room is well seasoned and is waiting for the rest of the stone soup ingredients!



"IF you season it, they will come..." Oh, wait wrong movie, wrong story, wrong! Wrong! Wrong! After running the vacuum over the living room floor three or four times the carpet no longer smells good enough to eat, yet Orissa still tries!
AS you can tell, I couldn't stop being me, and I had to get a few pictures in. This was a bit challenging since I was shuddering from laughing so hard. My laughing caused Javin to look up and thus the more posed look to the shots. It was too hard to be grumpy, it was just so funny!
I did decided that a WHOLE lot can happen in 5 minutes where the kids are involved and I have vowed to NEVER EVER do that again, I WILL wait for Aaron to come home, I will, I will, I will!

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh! The mess could have been so much worse...glad they only found the dry seasoning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!! I have many stories like this....usually involves Livia and juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! The first time I took a shower while the kiddos were awake, Eli opened the door for the Jehovah's Witnesses and they gave him some papers to give to "his mommy" I was mortified... Glad it was the JWs at the door and not a kidnapper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, crazy! It really takes no time at all. Hey, at least it wasn't soy sauce and butter, or something much messier like that. Thank goodness for small favors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny! At least they were trying to cook and have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story is funny no matter how many times I read or hear it! Just the best!!
    What a couple of little goobers!

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!