
For the last week we had a visitor, my niece Hosanna, at home. It was a blast. We went on crazy long walks, the girls went out to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, huckleberry picking, and finally, the crowing jewel of her visit, the air show featuring the US Navy's Blue Angels.
Let me just tell you, it was spectacular. Oh, and did I mention that it was FREE? That is right, no admission fee. They held the show out at Fairchild Air Force base . The line was pretty long, but we survived it. The crowd HUGE but we survived it. The planes were loud, but we survived it. It was just a great afternoon. Not only did we see the Blue Angels, we saw a Raptor preform some amazing maneuvers, a stunt flyer, a refueling tanker, and slew of old classic planes, and a mock dog fight with 2 Migs and a fury. Oh, my son was in heaven (minus the loud noises of the jet engines...aka the Raptor and the Angels). Orissa really seem to enjoy herself too. In fact, she was having so much fun she was giggling during the Blue Angels performance. Hosanna and I want a bit picture happy, we took a total of 725 photos during the 4 hours we were there! I had to go through and weed out a few that weren't great, but wow, you gotta love the digital age!
After the air show we had to take Hosanna to the airport for her trip home =(. I think we had fun, and I know we did. Now, I give you a few of my favorite pics...again thanks go out to Hosanna for snapping several of these pictures. Happy weekend all!






I'm so glad that you got to see the Blue Angels. It's an awesome show. I wanted to take my daughter when they were in OKC not long ago, but something came up and we missed it. I'm hoping we have the chance again next year. I know she'll love it!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Glad you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteNow THAT looks like a literal blast! What a fun time (with good company).
ReplyDeleteOh...I love air shows!! I saw the blue angels a couple times when I was a kid...so much fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a great time this week. I think it is so cool that you enjoy your niece so much. I'm guessing you are a favorite aunt....