
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Recently Aaron and I decided to give Javin his own camera to take pictures with. You see, we had a camera that Aaron no longer used, as the LCD screen no longer displayed the image, and it was just sitting in the office collecting dust. Javin has been fascinated by all the picture taking we have been doing all his life, and was constantly trying to use one or the other of our cameras. He is just two and a half and they were pretty heavy, and the buttons were hard for his little fingers to reach, so we fixed that. Yeah, we ARE a bit eccentric and thought it would be great to give him a way to express himself through the lens.

Just yesterday we had a HUGE storm with the thunder, the lightning, and of course the rain. After the down pour stopped we looked out at the enormous puddles that had formed in the drive way. I thought they would be a great subject for pictures so I ran and got my camera, and stuck my head out the window, only to be shoved on to get me out of the way, while a little voice said, "I pic too ommy! A sky I wan pic a sky!"
Well, how could I deny him that. As I watched him point his camera skyward, I saw the most beautiful bright rainbow, and he was aiming his lens toward it. I then I asked him, "Do you see the rainbow, Javin?" He briefly stops taking shot after shot to point and say,"Geen, buu, pritty, ommy!" (translation: green, blue pretty Mommy).
We then went out to the front yard to take pictures of the other side of the rainbow, and several other things that seemed to catch his fancy. All the while he would describe the things he wanted to picture. There were the puddles, daddy's moe'oh ike (motorcycle), the wet sidewalk and all sorts of things.


Sure, he IS only 2 and 1/2 and maybe we ARE crazy to give him a camera to snap pictures, but he sure seems to be enjoying himself. Heck, he gets very sad if I forget to bring it with us when we go on walks. He tries to have it with him where ever we go. Hmmm, I wonder where he gets that!



You are DEFINITELY onto something Ryanne, I'd say you have a budding photographer on your hands!
ReplyDeleteVery cool shots, heck he beats most of mine hands down! :)
He took wonderful pictures! I love the shot of the rainbow. What perfect timing. They are so wonderful to see after the rains. :)
ReplyDeleteTell him to keep up the good work!
pretty good pictures for a 2 year old!!
ReplyDeleteLook out a new photographer. He takes great photos already.
ReplyDeleteLove the rainbow and the water shots! Javin is the coolest 2 1/2yr old photographer! Does he do people?
ReplyDeleteSo cute, and what a great idea! I may pick up some cameras cheap on Ebay and let my kids go wild! How cool to be able to see things from his perspective.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little guy! And no, you are not crazy for giving your kid a camera. We are looking into getting one for our daughter who is 2.5 yrs as well. She loves to take pictures too! Great job and he is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI think giving him a camera is a great idea! My 4 year old is camera obsessed. I think encouraging their young passion can only do them good!
ReplyDeleteVery cool shots. I love the water one. He has a talent!
ReplyDeleteI have a 3 and 5 year old. I have given them a little point and shoot as long as they have been able to press the button. It is amazing to see how they see the world. Sometime we have photo scavenger hunts. I tell them: Go find something you are proud of, something red, something round....etc.
I say it's never too early to get them started with a camera (reasonably priced, of course). One of my favorite things to do, is to spend some time shooting pictures with my oldest daughter. A great bonding experience, and it gives them a new perspective on life.
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to put a camera in my grandson's hands. He has pushed the button for me a few times (he's 18 mo old). I LOVE that you gave Javin a way to express himself. :) I LOVE that he's interested in snapping away too and I do NOT think you're crazy in the least - does that mean I'm crazy too?
ReplyDeleteWow, he did a great job! I just let my 2-1/2 year old take some pictures with my camera today, how funny is that! What a beautiful rainbow! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's crazy at all. I think it's so smart and look at his shots! Incredible!
ReplyDeleteI think it's cool that he wants to take pics and that you guys let him! He did a great job!
ReplyDelete