Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Final Gavel Has Dropped on This Family!

The day finally came when both of our children, born in our hearts are finally ours by law. There now will be no more waiting around for a call or an e-mail from the lawyers office. No more paper work to be printed signed and sent back. As of 11:45 on the 27th of October 2008 Orissa is legally ours. And is legally Orissa Raylene. We couldn't be happier if we were millionaires! The joy that filled me as the judge sat in his chambers with us and signed the papers, was so great and marvelous that I cannot find the words that would be precious enough to describe the inner thoughts of my heart.
Marsha (Aaron's Mom) was able to be there and share in our joy. I am so grateful she had the time to come. It was so nice to have family there, and to see the happiness in her face as well. That was the last of two trip to the Tri-Cities that were well worth it. First was Javin's finalization only months before.
We have been greatly blessed to have Javin and Orissa in our lives and our love. They have changed us forever, and for the better. Being a parent may be a tough job at times, but it is definitely the greatest one I will ever have.

And look, we actually brought the camera with us into the Courthouse and had our picture taken with the Judge who made it all legal! Alas, it was not the same that finalized Javin's adoption, but he was a great and kind man. After we had finished taking the picture we thanked him for his time and making our family whole. He said that the Judges look forward to adoptions, they are the one happy job they get to attend to. Everyone leaves happy! That couldn't be more true for us.
There is only one thing more to do, and that is to go to the temple and have our family sealed together forever, and those arrangements have already been made! Yay, I haven't been able to quit smiling at my children since this day started...not even when Javin decided to dump most of his bubble bath on the floor. They are mine, messes and all, and I really wouldn't want it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. It ate my comment!
    I got A tear over this one! Seriously!
    We are all so happy and excited you you guys!
    Glad that Marsha made it ... didn't really look like her... compared to the last photo I saw of her ... her hair is different or something.

    Hey, look Roach is following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ryanne. I didn't know that you two adopted your kids. That is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you guys! This is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so exciting!!! Congratulations to all of you, I'm so happy that this is finally finished and you no longer have to worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!