
Sometimes the best way to spend a holiday is just hanging out with the family. That is what we decided to do today! We went to the city parks website and pick one at random, loaded the family into the car and went off to the Finch Arboretum. I didn't think that it would be the kind of place that Javin would like, trees and flowers? I couldn't have been more wrong. It was a huge park with lots of open spaces for him to run around in. There was also a little creek and several basalt out crops for him to climb on.


I am pretty sure it was his kind of heaven. We spent the entire afternoon wandering all over. Javin led the way running this way and then that, giggling and turning to me turning to me coaxing me on, "Tum on Ommy, dis way, tum on!".

We could have stayed there all day, had we been thinking and packed a lunch, but as it was we spent nearly three hours there. If you are ever in the Spokane area, this is a must see for all nature lovers! Plus, if you have some young ones that need to stretch their legs, this is the place. Sure there are LOTS of parks here, and most of them are beautiful, but this one wasn't over run with big picnicing groups. There was so much to see and so many places for Javin to explore, I am sure this is going to become a favorite place for us to spend afternoons together for years to come. What better was is there to spend a holiday than with family enjoying time together? I know of none. Happy Labor Day!


Sounds and looks like a good time was had!
ReplyDelete