It is amazing how different my children are. Everything about them is different. Javin was a BIG robust baby who seriously only got sick once in his first year of life. OK, it was a pretty sick mind you, but we only had to deal with the sick baby thing that one time. He didn't even have a cold or runny nose for the rest of his first year. Orissa, on the other hand has been a bit more on the sick side. We knew it was a real possibility since she was born so small, and compared to other babies of her age she is still VERY small. It seems like any bug that is going around finds her. I don't know how, but they do. And for her it's not, "oh she has a bit of a cold." It's more like crap Javin's cold has become a nightmare and Orissa needs extra breathing meds added to her albuterol. This most current cold for Javin has equalled an ear infection and breathing issues for the Orissa. We had to get her an oral steroid, amoxicillin, and ipratropium bromide. Now, you might be thinking that that is a lot of meds for one 8 month old to have at one time however, those are just the ones they added to her regular every day ones. She has three that she has to take on a daily basis. Two of them are for her acid reflux and the other one is suppose to keep her from getting any lung infections. I don't usually complain for the whole world to hear, but this bug has really been well, bugging me. Because she has picked up a bad cough and a snotty nose she often gags on the phlegm that she coughs up, which causes her to toss her proverbial cookies. Every time I gave her formula it came up with in 15 minutes. I could however get her to keep the baby food down, I am guessing it is because it is thicker and thus sticks in her tummy better. We are finally on the mend, I think! I gave her a few ounces of formula an hour ago and haven't seen it since!
Javin has been over this cold/bug thing for two or three days now and he didn't need any meds or even a trip to the doctor.
Each child is different, with a myriad of challenges for their parent to face and grow from. I guess I really am grateful for that. Why? Well, I suppose the easy, short answer would be that as parents we are stretched into better people as we learn how to handle and overcome each of those challenges. And I wouldn't trade mine for anyone else's.
I must go now, Javin has closed himself in my room, and that can only spell trouble and big messes!
Oh I hope they are better now! Sounds like how Robby use to be, always getting sick. He seems to be better about that now..... there's hope!
ReplyDeleteI hope they all get to feeling better soon...and that you don't catch anything!
ReplyDelete