Monday, September 8, 2008

Take to Flight

Saturday we went back to the arboretum to spend the afternoon. I Must admit it really has become one of my favorite places in town. There is so much space for the Flave to run wild and free in, OK, maybe not wild. I am a firm believer in respecting nature and teaching my family to do the same. Nope, I wouldn't let him pull on the small branches of random trees or pick (aka pull out) the flowers, or stomp wildly about in the steam. I did however, think it was very cute when he was trying to catch up to the birds. Each time he would run to catch them, and the subsequently flew off he would yell, "ey, ey irdy." Javin would then spot another few birds and run full tilt at them saying "hi irdy, hi." (He has a hard time with that B sound still) =o)

I love to watch my little ones grow and learn new things. Each time it is a new little miracle to me. Being a mom has got to be the greatest job ever!
On this same day little miss Orissa sat up on her own several times for about 5 seconds at a time. I am sure she could do it longer, but she is always kicking...she is a mover and a shaker that one!
Alas, the time is a bit late and I have two, count them two children with colds, so I had best get some rest so I don't join in the fray. It wouldn't do to have the mum sick too.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely place. I hope they both get to feeling better soon, and that no one else gets sick. Sick is definitely no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun little story! Someday when we come to visit you will have to take us there.

    ReplyDelete

Come on leave us a message then. I love to hear your thoughts! But remember that this is a family site and please no vulgarness, thank you!