
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Javin is all about making things with his play dough lately. The first thing he want to do when he gets up is make things. On wednesday we went over to Auntie M's house to play, which meant we didn't have his dough to play with. I had to improvise a bit. We decided to go for a walk to the bank, and on the way home we stopped at the grocery store and found the already made sugar cookie dough (I know I am a big cheater head) and some Halloween cutters. When we got home we made the cookies. Javin and Shaylee loved the whole cutter idea, bats, cats, ghosts and pumpkins. They just couldn't get enough of making the shapes and were so bummed when all of the dough was gone.
Soon enough the cookies were cooled off, the frosting was made and we had the kids all prepped for the climax, the decorating. At first Shaylee didn't see the fun in spreading the gooey stuff all over a perfectly good cookie, then she put the butter knife in her mouth and was sold...on the frosting any way. Javin was all about the decorating and made two just for his Daddy.




This is the first time either of them have and the joy of playing with frosting, and I am sure it won't be the last! What a blast to be able to watch Javin learn and grow. Alas, Orissa is just too small to make cookies...That however, didn't stop her from grabbing my cookie and licking the frosting (too bad I didn't get a snapshot of that, way cute!).


Oh man! I love the shot of her eating the cookie, right off the table! That's a frosting junkie in the making, right there.
ReplyDeleteVERy adorable - and I love the store bought cookie dough too! Always taste better!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! Cooking with kids is a BLAST!
ReplyDeleteWow - you're a fun mommy! Way to go - and love the pics of little girl just nose-height to the table with the cookie! LOL.
ReplyDeletelooks like a great time. Wonderful memories made. :) well done!
ReplyDeleteHappy PSF!
They looked like they had such a good time..Darling little ones!!
ReplyDeleteOh my that one of Shayleebug is SO funny!
ReplyDeleteJavin looks like he was all about the decorating!
Oh there is no WAY its the last time!!! What adorable sticky kidlets you have!!!
ReplyDeletei bet they had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteFun shots all!
ReplyDeleteEating cookies right of the table, doesn't want to use hands. :) Precious memories!
Cute cute cute!!!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! She eats cookies like me :)
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite part of this season!
ReplyDeleteYummmm! Sugar Cookies!
Happy Halloween!
jyl
Very cute! Love this idea! Will have to try it maybe for Christmas Cookies!
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween!
Cute pictures - Happy Halloween - Kellan
ReplyDeleteSugar cookies are way cooler than playdough. You can EAT it after you play with it....or at least it tastes much better. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh yum, that looks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm I want your cookies!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! It was smart to strip the shirts off before they attacked the frosting.
ReplyDeleteso much fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat PSF! I love making cookies with kids. Even before I had kids, I'd grab some off the street and drag them into my kitchen. OK, I'm just kidding there, but I did borrow friends' kids. ;)
ReplyDeletePS Your kids are so cute!
ReplyDeleteToo fun! And can I just say that I LOVE your kids' names. They are great. :)
ReplyDelete