
I think that, Ok i know that I have been in a bit of a slump. Everything that I start sounds stupid, poorly written, or just plain whiny. Sure things are a bit stretched right now, but I see that it's becoming more so with lots of people. Of course, mine isn't due to the economic down turn, mine is because of both adoption lawyer fees for both adoptions coming due at the same time. So, as you can see, I really shouldn't complain at all. I have my wonderful family, and that is worth all the financial hardships we might encounter in this life.
I mean, look at these miracles! THey truly gifts from a loving God.


I am in no way complaining about having the family that I have always wanted, I guess I am grumpy because the lawyer on Javin's case billed at irregular intervals, even though the contract we signed stated that when the monies we paid into the retainer were used up we would be billed. You see, that was to keep the current dues at a minimal and easy to attain. We went SEVERAL months without receiving a bill. In my non legal mind, I thought that meant that we had yet to accrue any additional fees. I wasn't until we finalized Javin's adoption that we got a bill in the mail and boy was it a doozy! At the same time we were in the process of squaring away the details for Orissa's adoption with two lawyers. As one might be able to imagine those fees added up, well twice as fast! In one weeks time we ended up being billed over $15,000 in itemized lawyer debt. I nearly fell over dead. Then, after thinking that those had to be the end of the nightmarish dues, more bill came in. I was nearly ready to yank out all of my hair.
We are by no means poor. We can pay our bills, buy food and gas and all of that, but we had yet to be able to save much. So, I wasn't sure where we could come up with this much moo-la all at one time. Again, I take you to the contracts we signed with the lawyers. We agreed to pay the amounts due when they came due. I didn't want to get my self into more trouble by not holding to the promise I made, even if the lawyer office hadn't. So we bucked up, and put it on the DREADED credit card. Yeah, we now have enough to buy the car I wanted charged to a credit card. Now that is a scary thing. But I suppose you do what you have to do to stay afloat.
I love my children and wouldn't trade them for the world, I just wish (most...or at least my) insurance covered adoptions just like they cover births in the hospital. [smile, wink, sigh!]


That's not cool. Not to go legalistic, but you could start posing questions about Breach of Contract. I can ask my dad about it if you want, he's a lawyer. Let me know.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThey are both beautiful! Sorry that it all came due at one time. Somehow it will work out. Any news on when Orissa's will be finalized?
ReplyDeletehey you children are growing up and are very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteshantel keiser