I was thinking earlier today about how quickly life passes us by. I don't feel as old as I am, but heck I must be: I made it through kindergarten, then 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. When I finish 8th grade they had a graduation ceremony, with a diploma and everything. Man did I think I was the bomb then. Then came high school with extra curricular activities and part time jobs. Finally there was yet again a graduation ceremony(more people showed up for this one). I even went to the community college and finished there this time opting not to go through the who ceremony thing. That was when it was cool to be the age you are or were oh I wish I could remember what Ms. Rettig taught me about tense usage when writing. (You get the idea right?) No more being the kid! You were finally a grown up with choices before you, oh so many ways to go! That was an exciting time! I was thrilled to vote, wow, the chance for my voice to be heard! Yes the time for wing stretching and having a full time job. Then I got old enough to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Yup 21, I thought that was a great age a great time, and it was. I enjoyed every moment of my 18 month mission to the Canada Vancouver Mission. I had purpose and meaning. I was doing a great work.
Then I came home with BIG plans. I was going to finish school, you know get that BA degree and enter the work force with a profession. Those plans changed when I met and later married my sweet heart (nine years ago). I did go back to school for a time, but quit to work so my husband could finish first. (I am still thinking about going back one of these days;] )
Then the day finally came our son was born and we went to pick him up. Up until then life was going by at a pretty steady pace, not too fast and not too slow. Now that we have two children I think time has definitely sped up on me. There is now way I am as old as I am. I don't act like a thirty some-thing person, I am far to silly for that. I don't look like it either, I still get people who are shocked to hear that I am my age...my mum says it all has to do with the age you act. If that is the case then I will be forever young....being old just isn't any fun. Pretty soon my children will be older then me...I was figuring on stopping at 5. Sure, isn't 5 a great age? Kindergarten...nap time and snacks and a superb imagination. Yup in 2 and 1/2 years Javin will be a equal.heeheehee.
Seriously though, I am grateful for all my life experiences and the growth that has come with them, I just think that age is relative, or is that crazy or it that crazy relatives? Now I'm so confused.
Ah well, life will carry me on and on and I will continue to learn more lessons and feel too young to be my age and I will love every minute of it for life is a precious thing and one never knows how long we can enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Fun to read this sis! You're only as old as you feel. I have that same problem, how did my kids get to be SO old? Where the heck did the time go?
ReplyDeleteI just had this same discussion with a friend from high school days....which was a while ago. I totally hear you. I still think of myself as 30; but I've got a 12 year old daughter and 30 was a long time ago.
ReplyDelete