Now be honest, we have all done this at least once. Go on and share your story! I double dog dare you to tell us all. I will be the first.
This afternoon my brother came over with his girls so they could play with Javin. For the first half an hour the Flava didn't really want to play. Finally he started to have fun, and of course that is around the time their mommy called to for them to come home. I really wanted to keep the Java Flave happy so I quickly (so my bro couldn't disturb their fun) told him to go home and take his wife out to dinner and we would watch the girls.
At first you might think that it was straight generosity, but lets us look deeper shall we? My son had been super dooper cranky most of the afternoon, and I was looking forward to a few hours of hearing happy noises. Sure Clanky and Momica probably had a good time, but my first thoughts were about how to make my life easier.
Please share your own stories!


That's a funny story. I think we all have moments like that when we decide to do something to ease the cranky child rather and in turn ease our own crankiness. ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't think of an exact moment at this time but I'm sure I've done something similar many times.
Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of a particular moment like that but I know I've done it! I'll have to think on it.
Thanks for stopping by earlier. I know we all have these moments, though at the moment I can't think of one of my own. But hey, as long as everyone benefits, a little selfish generosity is okay once in a while.
ReplyDeleteHey, that's a win win situation......selfish generosity.....does it count when I let my kids watch TV so that I can blog? :)
ReplyDelete